Do you or your child suffer from stress or find it hard to settle into bed at night and fall asleep? If you answered yes- your answer could be a weighted blanket by Neptune Blankets!
The Neptune Weighted Blanket has a soft sensory minky cover that is cuddly, calming and comforting. The weighted blanket has been designed to give an even weight distribution all over your body which applies Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation (DTPS) to give you a 'hugged' feeling. This is perfect for when you are stressed out or just need to calm down and get some much needed rest.
This Weighted Blanket is Neptune's newest sensory therapy weighted blanket for kids and adults. It contains a 7 layer construction using the industries smallest pocket squares for even weight distribution. Using ultrasonic stitching on the minky cover- the material is tactile and sensory to touch.
The inner blanket of the weighted blanket is made with breathable cotton filled with a superior glass bead which keeps the blankets thin, quiet, safe and fully washable. Unlike inferior polly-pellets which are detrimental to our environment, these glass beads basically become sand once no longer in use.
In my house me and my kids love our weighted blankets. We sleep with our weighted blanket during winter and cuddle up underneath it while watching TV on the couch or reading books in our "chill out" corner.
Specifications of the weighted blanket:
- 100% Natural Cotton: Using the highest grade, breathable cotton.
- Machine washable
- Microfibre Bead Barrier- To ensure there is no bead leakage and to keep the weight evenly distributed throughout the blanket.
- Cotton Filling- for a luxurious "cloud" feeling
- Filled with superior glass beads- which are hypoallergenic, odourless, non-toxic and quiet!
- The weight provides a therapeutic pressure which studies has shown can help reduce anxiety, stress and help with insomnia.
- Micro inner pockets- contains smaller compartments so that the weight is evenly distributed and provides consistent comfort.
- Suitable for all members of the family- select the size and weight that best suits you.
- For best results- the blanket weight you choose should be approximately 10% of your body weight. For example, if you weight 50kg, then a 5kg blanket is most suitable. Please note- for safety reasons, the person using the weighted blanket must have the capacity to be able to pull the weighted blanket off their body when required. Not suitable for infants and toddlers.
- Has been linked with reduced anxiety and stress, improved calmness and better sleep quality.
Enjoy Free Shipping on your Weighted Blanket!
I purchased a weighted blanket for my adult disabled daughter to use, hoping it would be calming for her at nighttime and reduce the number of times she gets up during the night. I followed the website guidelines to work out how heavy to order the blanket in proportion to my daughter's weight. I was surprised at how heavy the blanket is when it arrived. I feel it is too heavy to be safely used by my disabled daughter. She has a habit of sitting up in bed with her doona over her head and face, and I am very concerned about her doing this with the heavy weighted blanket. We cannot return the blanket, re terms and conditions of purchase, so for the moment it is sitting in a cupboard. Maybe some other family member might use it in the winter when watching TV? Not a suitable product for my daughter, though I followed the website guidelines before purchasing it.
My wife bought this for our bed. I was totally sceptical at first, but now I love sleeping with it, especially in winter. Highly recommend.