Does your family love sitting and playing on the floor? The soft touch tatami sensory Mellow Mat by Neptune Blanket is a 30mm thick slow rebound Memory foam mat / rug that is perfect for any floor activity! Turn any area into a soft, comfy, inviting area - perfect for playing, sitting or lying around.
So versatile, the soft touch Mellow Mat looks great in playrooms, bedrooms and lounge rooms.
- Kids love them for playing, learning to walk, practicing rolling and tummy time. We use ours when we are doing Yoga or playing board games on the floor. The mat is so soft and spongy that it provides sensory feedback when you sit on it.
- Adults love the soft feeling under foot and it's so comfy to sit on when watching TV. We've found that family time gets so much better with the Mellow Mat!
For the ultimate soft flooring experience - add the Padded Underlay to your Mellow Mat to gain a total of 50mm of cushiony soft comfort. The Big Soft Pillow was designed for floor use - making it the perfect accessory for the Mellow Mat.
Not sure whether the Mellow Mat is the right choice for you? Read all the reasons why you need a Mellow Mat for your home or school here.
ENJOY FREE SHIPPING OF YOUR MELLOW MAT AUSTRALIA-WIDE
Mellow Mat Sensory Rug
- It's stain resistant and easy to wash. Just wipe off or vacuum food and crumbs. Most spills can be wiped straight off too!
- Light and transportable - you can easily move it from room to room.
- The non slip bottom means it won't move around, whatever surface you put it on.
- The Mellow mat has a modern and sleek design for any contemporary living space
- Provides a soft landing surface for your child, preventing slips and knocks.
- A padded surface for baby floor time including tummy time, learning to roll, crawl and walk.
- Soft, spongy feel and carpet-like fabric provides lots of sensory input to help with sensory regulation.
- Helps with noise reduction as the Mellow Mat helps absorb and reduce noise - this is especially helpful for our customers with hearing impairments or noise sensitivities.
- Provides a safe 'crash landing pad' for children who are high energy or have additional needs such as autism and ADHD.
We have had many customers claim the cost of their Mellow Mat Soft Touch Sensory Rug purchase using their NDIS funds. Due to the Mellow Mat's sensory fabric and memory-foam padded structure, it can often be claimed under a number of claim item numbers such as low cost AT for personal care and safety, core supports and NDIS consumables.
Check with your therapy support team or plan manager if you are unsure if you can claim your Mellow Mat with your NDIS funds. For more information on how to claim NDIS through The Sensory Specialist, please refer to our NDIS page.
The Mellow Mat is made from a coral fleece polyester. The Mellow Mat has been manufactured to an Oeko-tex standard 100 - certifying it as safe for human skin.
The Mellow Mat comes in 6 sizes/shapes:
- Small: 1 x 1.5m
- Medium: 1.52 x 2.03m
- Large: 2 x 3m
- Huge: 2 x 4m
- Pebble: 1.95 x 2.4m
- Square: 2x2m
And 7 colours:
- Dark Grey
- Light Grey
- Royal Blue
- Light Blue
- Baby Pink
- Accessories: If you want an even thicker, comfier Mellow Mat experience, take a look at our Padded Underlay for the Mellow Mat, making the total thickness 50mm of pure spongy bliss.
The Mellow Mat™ is extremely stain resistant. Most spills can be easily wiped away. If necessary, it can be vacuumed, spot cleaned, steam cleaned and even hosed off. The mat will dry with in the day.
To reduce shipping costs, your Mellow Mat will arrive vacuum sealed. Allow 14-21 days for your Mellow mat to expand to its full size from packaging. To speed up the process, you can steam your Mellow Mat to magically puff it up to its full size in an instant. This can be done using a clothes steamer or an iron. If using an iron to steam - please place a tea towel in between the Mellow Mat and the iron to avoid burning your mat.
Watch this video to learn how to steam the Mellow Mat to remove creases and flat spots from packaging.
Scroll down to see the Mellow Mat 's 5 star reviews - rated by some of our amazing customers!
Our mat was delivered very quickly and in good condition. My asd2 daughter is LOVING IT.
It’s very snuggly and it makes me look comfortable.
I like to lay on it with my big Charlie Dog when there’s lights and big bangs in the sky.
Love love love the mellow mat! Everyone enjoys playing or laying on the mat and it’s looks great too.
Amazing company! Made my claim with ndis super easy and love the products! Would recommend to anyone
Couldn’t be happier with the Mellow Mat! My little girl who suffers from multiple issues and struggles to sit on the floor absolutely loves it! Wether it to be to play on or just lay on it is definitely the best purchase I’ve made!