Does your child need a time out space where they can go to relax, calm down and regulate their emotions? The PeaPod is a giant, inflatable sensory cushion that can give your child a safe place to wind down in. The PeaPod has been designed to provide pressure therapy to keep your child calm and comfortable. Getting inside the PeaPod feels like you are receiving a giant all over hug- which creates a calming, soothing effect on the nervous system.
Excellent for children with autism, ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder - the PeaPod can help stop meltdowns before they happen. By creating a sense of calm, it can help children self regulate their emotions. It is great for reading a book in, rocking gently side to side in, or getting sleepy in before bed time.
Having a Peapod in the house also provides children with the opportunity to independently take themselves to the Peapod when they need chill out time or a quiet space to self regulate. The Peapod is the perfect calming tool for any 'chill out' area, sensory room, bedroom or book corner.
What we love about the Peapod Inflatable Sensory Cushion:
- Durable- the PeaPod has a velvety soft surface, made from flocked vinyl. The soft texture of the material is tactile to touch and provides lots of sensory input.
- The colour of the Peapod is a cool green colour, which is a colour associated with calmness similar to that of the ocean. This colour is a soothing colour for individuals with heightened sensitivities to colour.
- Easy to clean: The Peapod can be easily wiped down with warm soapy water and a sponge.
- Seamless: we know a lot of our customers have sensitivities to seams and stitches. The Peapod has been cleverly designed so that it has no itchy seams- just one air chamber
- Effortless- The PeaPod is easy to inflate- either by using a foot pump, an electric air pump or blowing it up manually.
- Deflates for easy storage: if you are not regularly using your Peapod, it can be deflated and folded up for storage. It's size when folded is similar to that of a blanket.
- Therapy-based sensory product: many occupational therapists recommend the use of a Peapod for emotional regulation. You may be entitled to purchase your Peapod using your NDIS funds.
Large – approximately 203 cm long– ideal for children aged primary school years and up to adult.
*Please note, the Peapod is delivered deflated and needs to be blown up for first time use. We suggest a hand, foot or electric pump for best results.