The Yumbox Original bento lunch box is an award winning, kid friendly bento style lunchbox. With an air-tight and leak-proof lid - you can pack wet foods like yoghurt and dip and it won't leak!
The yumbox original bento lunch box makes it possible for anyone to pack a nutritionally balanced meal in minutes- making it the perfect solution for a packed school lunch, toddler meals, snacks and small adult meals.
The yumbox original bento tray contains of 6 portioned zones of varying sizes. This allows you to include a variety of healthy foods for your kids to try - while also allowing foods to be kept separate for fussy eaters.
I personally had an extremely fussy eating toddler. I would make his yumbox bento lunchbox each morning, and let him pick and choose what he wanted to eat throughout the day. It saved me time as I was no longer preparing snacks throughout the day. The yumbox bento is also useful for kids with autism who are sensitive to different foods as it keeps each food item organised and separate.
What we love about the Yumbox Original Bento Lunch Box:
- Yumbox is leak-proof - you can pack fruit, vegies, pretzels, crackers and wet foods like yogurt, fruit puree (but not liquids like water or juice)
- Each yumbox bento is brightly coloured and contains a fun design inside - making it a great lunchox for school lunches and picnics.
- The lid has a child-friendly latch so your child can open and close their lunchbox themselves
- The yumbox tray is removable and easy to wash. It can also be used as a separate tray on it's own.
- The illustrated tray helps with portion control of food groups. Five 1/2 cup portions of the key food groups: fruit, vegetable, grains, protein and dairy with a small treat section in the middle.
- Switch from expensive pre-packaged snacks which can hide sugars and preservatives and pack healthy, nude foods instead.
- Includes exterior box with soft rounded edges and a 6-compartment tray insert with themed illustrations
- The Yumbox Original is food safe, no lead, BPA, phthalates or PVC
- Yumbox is dishwasher safe up to a maximum temperature 65C, top rack only.
Materials - Sturdy ABS (outer box), Tritan (tray) and Silicone (seal). BPA/PVC free.
Size - approx. 21.5 x 15.5 x 4.6 cm, weighs 505g.
Recommended age: Toddler and primary school age
Care Instructions - Yumbox is dishwasher safe up to 65°C (top rack only). We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell to preserve the seal or if using a dishwasher, removing it before the heat dry cycle. Most dishwashers temperatures are a guide only and actual temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20°C and may affect the adhesive holding the seal in place. Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
As with any product used to store food mould can occur if not cleaned thoroughly. To prevent the chance of mould growth we recommend storing the Yumbox open if unused for long periods and always allowing to air dry overnight when washed.
To treat mould on the silicone surface Yumbox advise cleaning with Milton solution (following the directions on the box) and then leaving the case in direct sunlight for as long as you can. Do not bleach or soak for long periods as the seal has an adhesive backing holding it in place and this may be affected.
Important: Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. More specifically do not pack yoghurt drinks, fruit juice, soups or runny/watery dressings.